[Zope] Getting Auto Increment value

Merav Ben-David Merav.B at puresight.com
Thu Jun 11 08:36:21 EDT 2009

I am working with zope & mysql.

I have a table with SERIAL column type, I create "z-sql method" for insert operation, how can I get the value for the auto increment column?

I know that in mysql I can call last_insert_id(),  how do I call it, should I create another "z sql method" and if I do,  how can I be sure the the value return is for my insert command and not for another. Is there a way to call 2 query from the same "z sql method"?

I am really lost on this, any help will be wellcom.

Thank in advanced.