[Zope] trivial: hello world with filesystem based egg sources

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 04:39:50 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 23:21, David Zejda <dvid at atlas.cz> wrote:
> And now, please, what to do now, to have a few python lines somewhere in
> the egg dir, which the zope would know how to deal with?

The "egg dir" as you call it is a Python module, and you put Python
code there. Zope knows how to deal with it, that is not the problem.
What you need to do is get the Python code to deal with Zope. :)

> And on what url will be the "hello world" available then?

That is completely up to you. :)

The question now, is this Zope 3 or Zope 2?

For Zope 3, you should probably get a book. http://worldcookery.com/
There was another book to in the beginning of Zope 3, but I don't know
it has been updated.
You could also, for Zope 3, opt to use Grok, which is a framework
built on Zope 3 that makes Zope 3 easier: http://grok.zope.org/

For Zope 2, you can start here: http://docs.zope.org/zope2/zdgbook/source/
Then, you should probably buy the above book too. Zope 3 technologies
are getting very common in Zope 2.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/