[Zope] how to check a user role with data entred by user?

Dvir Bar-lev dvir.b at puresight.com
Sun Mar 8 05:32:25 EDT 2009

K, here goes, explanation 3 :)

This is what I would like to happen:

A user goes to the site, he see the log in screen that has 2 entry
fields - user name and password.
The user enteres the data and presses the submit button.
Now I want to take what the user entered and see if I have the same user
and password defined in acl_users folder, if so I want to give him the
role that that user in the acl_users folder have.
And than based on that role direct him to the appropriate page

What I don't want is that the zope will pop up his log in window, in
essence I want to do my own authentication, validation and role
assigning.

Ihope this clears up what I want, I thought about using the PAS plugin
but I have no idea how to use it and I was told I can do what I want
without using any plugins at all.