[Zope] trivial: hello world with filesystem based egg sources

David Zejda dvid at atlas.cz
Tue Mar 10 18:06:28 EDT 2009

Thanks for a tips,

I have looked on the Guide you suggested.
I think I understand the concepts, but still missing something.
To make the simplest case,

1. I started with fresh instance prepared by the paster,
2. created this source:

# src/my.py
class Contact(object):
    "blah blah"

    firstName = "aaaa"

c = Contact()

3. to the sys.path in bin/instance added the "/path/to/src" (which
contains my.py),
4. started instance and checked, that the /path/to/src is on loaded
sys.path,
5. pointed browser to localhost:8091/c/firstName .

Resource c not found, Zope says. Yes, it can't be SO simple, but
please, what should I do?

Thanks for your patience..

David