[Zope] Order of method calls of ZopePageTemplate

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Wed Mar 11 04:26:00 EDT 2009

This approach is broken by design-by-design. If you want to depend on
the execution order: move the related code into a Python script and call
the script from within the template.

- -aj

On 11.03.2009 9:18 Uhr, Analog Kid wrote:
> i want to make sure that a certain method gets called before anything
> else when the template gets rendered. so if i know about the order in
> which page template methods get called, i can patch one (the first in
> the order).
>
> thanks,
> AK
>
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com
> <mailto:lists at zopyx.com>> wrote:
>
>     Where and why is this relevant?
>
>     -aj
>
>     On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 08:54, Analog Kid <garlictrompet at gmail.com
>     <mailto:garlictrompet at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > sry about that ... what i mean is i need to know the order of
>     methods when a
>     > page is rendered (on server) ...
>     >
>     > regards,
>     > AK
>     >
>     > On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com
>     <mailto:lists at zopyx.com>> wrote:
>     >>
> On 11.03.2009 6:22 Uhr, Analog Kid wrote:
>> Hi All:
>
>> I need to know the order of method calls inside ZopePageTemplate.py
>> whenever a form from the PT is submitted or even when the PT is
>> rendered. Can anyone shed some light on this please?
>

> This question makes no sense. Template rendering (generation of HTML)
> occurs on the *server*, form submission on the *browser*.
>
> -aj
>     >
>     >

- --
Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info at zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Handelsregister A 381535
Geschäftsführer/Gesellschafter: ZOPYX Limited, Birmingham, UK