[Zope] Importing .zexp files

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Mar 27 14:41:50 EDT 2009

Bobby wrote at 2009-3-25 13:17 -0700:
>I-F¢ve just downloaded the ZMultiTab_0_2.zexp from http://www.zope.org/Members/dgeorgieff/zMultiTab and put it in the import folder. I can see it from the import drop down list but can¢t import it. Zope says $B!H(BThe object ZMultiTab does not support his operation$B!I(B. At first I thought it was a file permission but that wasn¢t it as I could import other .zexp files from the import folder with the same permission; I¢m on a linux box. Any suggestions of what might be happening here? -A

This sounds like a "CopySupport" exception.

While Zope exceptions usually are concise and helpful, there are
a few exceptions, among them the "CopySupport" exceptions.
The traceback (to be found in the "error_log" object in the ZMIs root folder)
is in general usefull but for bad exceptions essential.
The traceback tells you where in the code the exception was raised (and
in what context). This means you can look at the code and precisely
find out what caused the exception.

Find the traceback, look at the code resulting in the exception
and try to understand the condition that caused the exception.

--
Dieter