[Zope] can I use my existing twisted rpc app in zope.

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sat May 2 20:16:19 EDT 2009

On 5/2/09 7:04 AM, Krishnakant wrote:
>> It's really up to you. Personally, I would recommend looking into
>> either Grok, which is based on Zope 3, or BFG, which is a minimalistic
>> framework using Zope 3 technologies.
>>
>> http://grok.zope.org/
>> http://bfg.repoze.org/
>>
> I see, By the way will 5 help me solve this confusion?

No, it will just confuse you more. ;-)

> I will try and make my problem clear.
> Right now my application is a twisted based rpc server application which
> gives the set of api like setCustomer() getCustomer() etc.
>
> Right now we have created a gtk based thin client which is nothing but
> an rpc client which calls the rpc published objects in the server
> application.
>
> Now if I want to take the entire rpc server based application and put it
> into zope in such a way that my rpc application is not disturbed but the
> features like PAS get integrated, will this be possible?

No, at least without doing "some work" (where "some work" is more than just
dropping your code into a directory and expecting Zope to pick it up and "serve
it out").  It will essentially be a rewrite, although maybe with some careful
coding you'd be able to reuse most of the existing code.

- C