[Zope] [Zope-dev] Zope 4.0, maybe not such a bad idea...

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue May 26 10:16:32 EDT 2009

Peter Bengtsson wrote at 2009-4-13 15:03 +0100:
> - Chris, I rarely agree with you but I actually like your fearless
>and provocative bashing for the sake (hopefully) of stirring up some
>action.
>
>- Andreas, you've done a great job with Zope but let's raise the bar
>and not pass judgement on peoples opinions (especially not my personal
>hero Dieter :)
>
>- Andrew, I agree with very much of what you say. Just because Zope2
>has flaws doesn't mean we should trash and burn it.
>
>- Dieter, glad to hear it wasn't just me who had problems "keeping up"
>with the backwards incompatible improvements. You seem like a guy
>who's more in it for the results than the method.

Thank you all for your encouraging comments.

Andreas (and the people in the background for whom he
occasionally speaks but rarely tells names) succeeded to
change my priorities:

  There are so many other interesting things that I do not need
  to spend my time with Zope. As an exercise for my future removal
  from the Zope mailing lists, I did not look at them for
  the last 6 weeks -- and I missed nothing during this time.

I probably will in the future again read the mailing lists from time to
time and will implement and publish what I already have promissed
(external ZClasses release, external test facility without buildout).

But it looks like I will do a lot less with and for Zope in the future.

--
Dieter