[Zope] UTF-8 problem with zope2.10 and postgresql

Andrew Milton akm at theinternet.com.au
Sun Nov 8 02:57:30 EST 2009

+-------[ Tres Seaver ]----------------------

| Andrew Milton wrote:
| > +-------[ Martijn Pieters ]----------------------
| > |
| > |
| > | It's a question of resources and maintainability. Few people have the
| > | time or the inclination to keep DTML going. Ergo, it'll die and we let
| > | you know so you can migrate away from it.
| >
| > More likely, someone spiteful will deliberately break it or simply
| > remove it between releases without notice, that seems to be the "Zope
| > Way"
|
| Really?  When have we deliberately broken stuff between releases without
| notice?  We've been pretty damned careful about BBB issues, AFAIK.

I don't really want to fill up an email with a litany of stuff, I'm
sure many people have their own pet-peeves about stuff being axed out,
but, I'll give you one.

PageTemplateFile stops Zope from starting if the file they refer to
does not exist, rather than the 'at-access-time' error they used to
generate. When you have place holder code and templates in abstract
base-classes, this sucks the big one let me tell you.

--
Andrew Milton
akm at theinternet.com.au