[Zope] Get raw data (byte array) from flash in Zope

Dragos Chirila objectvalues at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 14:15:59 EST 2009

Hi,

The solution is very simple :)

Instead of sending the byte array like in the example, just encode it
as a string and send it in a variable using POST:

- base64 - this doesn;t works all the time... i don't know why
- bin to hex - works all the time

The server side code is like this:

img = REQUEST.form.get('picture', None)
if img is not None and img != '':
    img = binascii.unhexlify(img)
    img = PIL.Image.open(StringIO(img))
    img.save(join(..., 'picture.jpg'))

We made tests with a lot of images, even with images of 10MB size. It works...

Dragos

--
Dragos Chirila
objectValues at gmail.com