[Zope] Disabling "Expand macros when editing"

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri Sep 4 17:50:05 EDT 2009

Andreas Jung, on 2009-09-04:
> On 04.09.09 16:37, Damon Butler wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply, Maurits. However, your URL trick makes absolutely
>> no difference whatsoever. The ZPT code has already been "expanded" even
>> when we avoid the ZMI and access the ZPT by putting the URL to the ZPT
>> object -- with your query parameter -- into our browser.
>>
>> We are currently using Zope 2.10.6. Has this problem been fixed with
>> Zope 2.10.9?

Hm, my trick works in 2.10.9, but I see that in Zope 2.10.6 it has no
effect, like you say.  And using expand macros in 2.10.6 indeed has
deadly results...

>> I simply cannot believe that there is NO WAY to turn this option off.
>> How silly is it that it appears to be literally impossible to view the
>> original source code for a ZPT?!
>
> Bugs that are not reported in the bugtracker can not be fixed :-)

Looks like this *was* reported earlier and already fixed in Zope
2.10.7.  :-)  The changelog says:

Launchpad #262313: respect the Expand macros when editing flag when
editing a page template through the ZMI

So Daymon: please switch to 2.10.7 or later.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/