[Zope] maintaining session variables using zeocluster

Paul Winkler slinkp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 12:08:08 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:39:56AM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:

> nair rajiv wrote:
> > Hellol,
> >
> >         We are using a zeocluster with six clients and use pound for
> > load balancing betwwen them. However I am having problems
> > using session variables. I think that session variables are maintained
> > separately for  each client  i.e  a value set to sesssion variable
> > when pound
> > sends a request to one client cannot be retreived when a request is
> > sent to some other client. What can be done in such a situation ?
>
> You can either:
>
>  - Mount the session storage over ZEO (google "zeo session storage").
>
>  - Use a non-ZODB-based sessioning implementation, e.g. the one in
>    mcdutils:  http://agendaless.com/Members/tseaver/software/mcdutils/

Or configure Pound for "session affinity" - send all requests for the
same session to the same back-end server.
Read the "Sessions" section of http://www.apsis.ch/pound/

The problem with this approach is that it tends to reduce the
effectiveness of load-balancing.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com