[Zope] problem with commits in SQLAlchemyDA

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Fri Apr 23 12:25:47 EDT 2010

Andreas Jung wrote:
> Brad Allen wrote:

>>> Thank, I'll get started on that. Since I am not sure if that change
>>> will cause problems for anyone else using the SQLAlchemy DA, I guess
>>> I'll start it out as a development release and solicit feedback.
>> To clarify, by development release, I am talking about providing a
>> release which can be installed like this:
>
> You create a branch on svn.zope.org
>> easy_install SQLAlchemy==dev
>
> Please can use mr.developer under buildout for svn checkouts.
> I don't want to see dev packages (in general) on PyPI.
>
>> That would install from a development branch. The normal easy_install
>> would still pull from the most recent release, to avoid disruption and
>> give people time to test. After some time, it could be made to a beta
>> release.
>
> Sorry but why do you care about easy_install? Serious people use
> buildout. easy_install is for playing around.

That's an opinon, and one which you haven't done the work yourself to
back up -- there is no buildout support here:

  http://svn.zope.org/Products.SQLAlchemyDA/trunk/

>> I've had trouble finding an issue tracker for the SQLAlchemy DA. Would
>> it make sense for me to create one on LaunchPad?
>
> There is no tracker. You don't need a tracker for such a single issue.

Are you claiming like Dijkstra that fixing this bug will "remove the
last bug in [SQLAlchemyDA]"?

+1 to adding a Launchpad project for it.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 540-429-0999          tseaver at palladion.com