[Zope] IOError while importing a zexp file

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Fri Mar 5 13:53:54 EST 2010

Subhendu Kumar Giri wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> When I am importing a zexp file of 250MB through ZMI it gives this
> error, though I have many GBs of disk space availabe.
>
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
> *Error Type: IOError
> Error Value: [Errno 122] Disk quota exceeded*
>

> Below the extract of the log.
>
> 2010-03-05 17:45:39 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
> http://xx.xx.xx.xx:80/manage_importObject
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 115, in publish
>   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 41, in call_object
>   Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 585, in manage_importObject
>   Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 602, in _importObjectFromFile
>   Module ZODB.ExportImport, line 75, in importFile
>   Module transaction._transaction, line 295, in savepoint
>   Module transaction._transaction, line 292, in savepoint
>   Module transaction._transaction, line 675, in __init__
>   Module ZODB.Connection, line 1012, in savepoint
>   Module ZODB.Connection, line 493, in _commit
>   Module ZODB.ExportImport, line 147, in _importDuringCommit
>   Module ZODB.Connection, line 1146, in store
> IOError: [Errno 122] Disk quota exceeded
>
> Please help me.
>
> I am using
> Zope Version :    (Zope 2.9.3-, python 2.4.3, linux2)
> Python Version:    2.4.3 (#1, Jan 21 2009, 01:10:13) [GCC 4.1.2 20071124
> (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)]
> System Platform:    linux2
>
> Thanks,
>
> Subhendu Kumar Giri

You need extra quota on the partition which is being used for tempfiles:
  either ask for more on that partition (likely mounted as '/tmp') or
set the 'TMPDIR' variable in your environment to point somewhere in the
partition where you do have quota, before starting Zope (you can set it
via the <environment> section in zope.conf).

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 540-429-0999          tseaver at palladion.com