[Zope] questions about migrating forwards

Andrew Watkins a.watkins at niwa.co.nz
Thu Mar 11 15:15:06 EST 2010

Thanks for the useful responses

Is there some other Product that people use to bring external files into the zope environment?

Andrew

Andrew Watkins
Systems Development Team Manager
National Institute Water & Atmospheric Research (NIWA).

>>> On 12 Mar 10 at 04:05 AM, in message <hnb0r9$jcq$1 at dough.gmane.org>, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:

You will eed to patch ExternalFile to use Zope3-style interfaces.  E.g.,
instead of:

  from Interface import Interface

patch it to be:

  from zope.interface import Interface

Their may be other changes required, as well, depending on how the
product uses the interfaces.  (Later:  I've done the patch, at least to
the extent of getting the appserver to start:  see attachment).

> 2. ZMySQLDA This fails with the message 'ImportError: No module named
> _mysql' again this works ok on zope 2.11.4

You need to install the MySQL-python package into your virtuaenv:

  $ bin/easy_install MySQL-python