[Zope] "double opt-in" or "opt-in with confirmation".

Brian Sullivan briansullivan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 12:07:51 EST 2010

I am looking for a strategy or samples (or even just a hint as to the
best process) to create an email opt-in strategy in Zope. I am
thinking that what you do is use some sort of hash or unique id
creation mechanism (based on the email address, time or something
else).

Based on what I am seeing -- some sort of MD5(not totally sure what
that means but I understand there are Python supplied functions to
generate it) hash of a combination of the email address and date/time
stored and then sent to the user should guarantee that it is unique,
can't be auto generated by some bot and should allow verification on
http access using the hash in the url?

All the potential solutions I am seeing use Python 2.5 + -- the
version of Zope I am using is based on Python 2.4.4.

Anybody have any ideas or have implemented something like this?