[Zope] Monkey patch for BLOB support in OFS.Image Images and Files

William Heymann kosh at aesaeion.com
Fri Jan 7 16:28:37 EST 2011

I have a monkey patch here that I would like comments on it and to see how it
works for others.

https://github.com/Immudzen/MonkeyOFSImageFile

I have been testing it for a few weeks now and I have not run into any
problems with it. It works on Zope 2.13 and it should work on Zope 2.12 also
without any issues.

All that is needed it is to put this in your Products dir and make sure you
have BLOB support setup correctly.

Once that is done all uses of the Image and File objects inside zope will save
as BLOBs instead and existing objects can be converted to BLOB objects with a
script I have in the README file.

What I have found so far is that with this zope has a lower memory usage and
also runs faster. So far in my testing it is about 33% lower memory usage and
I am interested in how others find it.

You can also find me in #zope as kosh if you have questions about it.