[Zope] is it possible to upgrade from 2.9 to 2.13?

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.nl
Sun Jul 3 12:44:23 EDT 2011

On 07/03/2011 09:30 AM, Fernando Martins wrote:
> merely dropping Products in the site-packages does not add a product.

Browsing through the list I saw this post:

https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2011-June/176165.html

with reference to a directive in zope.conf:

products /usr/local/Products.CMFCore-2.2.4/

I tried it with the package Products.ZSQLMethods here:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.ZSQLMethods

but no product is added and I see no error messages.

The README.txt is not helpful and I found nothing useful in zope docs.
In despair, I tried python setup.py build/install and all I got is a lot
of zope packages being downloaded and dumped into the python install.

Could someone be so kind to tell me the procedure to install Products
from pypi?

Is it possible to do it also with old products not in pypi?

Also, what is the difference between zope.xxx and Products.xxx packages?

Regards,
Fernando