[Zope] Tag BASE without port number

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Wed Jul 13 12:06:58 EDT 2011

----- Puvodní zpráva -----
Od: "Tres Seaver" <tseaver at palladion.com>

> On 07/13/2011 08:37 AM, Jaroslav Lukesh wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> is it possible to hide port bumber in case of reverse proxy
>> redirecting? I have POUND as reverse proxy and Zope 2.10.13 on port
>> 930, but html BASE tag contain this port number, which I does not
>> want to have there.
>>
>> I do not want to explicit specify base tag at all pages.
>>
>> I prepare new installation, but I cannot remember nor find what I was
>> make before at my old installation, it is 5 years ago. Google does
>> not help me.
>
> Configure pound to rewrite onto a "Virtual Host Monster" URL, which will
> make all the URLs generated by Zope code match the "public" URL space.
> See http://docs.zope.org/zope2/zope2book/VirtualHosting.html

Thanks, it worked.

I use VHM already, but I dont know why it does not work before and worked
now. I was try to change ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py without success, but
after putting original unchanged file back, it worked now. I prepare zope in
virtual machine now, but it is not just first case when the whole system is
unpredictable....thinking about physical hardware, but management want
virtuals.

Regards, J. Lukesh