[Zope] Urgend help needed: Error migrating Zope Data.fs from 2.10 to 2.13: object.__new__(Args) is not safe

Frank Kauff fkauff at biologie.uni-kl.de
Fri Oct 14 08:03:31 EST 2011

Sorry for the repost, but I'm lost, and really need to solve this problem...

When trying to move Data.fs from Zope 2.10 to 2.13, I first ran into the
"version problem", but I successfully stripped versions out of my
Data.fs (thanks to this mailing list).
Now Zope starts up properly and displays the manage page, but when I try
to access the various folders of the site, I get the error below.

Any ideas about how to overcome this? How have others convrted their
data? Should I move Data.fs in small stepss from 2.10 to 2.11, then to
2.12, and then to 2.13? Is this a common compatibility issue, or some
other error in Data.fs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Frank

Zope Error

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: (', use Persistence.Persistent.__new__()', , ())

Traceback (innermost last):

     Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 359, in _bindAndExec
     Module App.special_dtml, line 185, in _exec
     Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 77, in render
     Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 647, in renderwob
     Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 772, in sort_sequence
     Module ZODB.Connection, line 860, in setstate
     Module ZODB.Connection, line 914, in _setstate
     Module ZODB.serialize, line 612, in setGhostState
     Module ZODB.serialize, line 605, in getState
     Module ZODB.broken, line 106, in __new__

TypeError: ('object.__new__(Args) is not safe, use
Persistence.Persistent.__new__()', <class
'Shared.DC.ZRDB.Aqueduct.Args'>, ())