[Zope] Manipulating images in Zope/Python

Brian Sullivan briansullivan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:20:41 UTC 2011

I am looking for strategy to programmatically create a customized
printable certificate of completion for our Learning Delivery System
courses (the system is Zope/Python based).

My current plan is to use the Python Imaging Library to create the
image (probably by overlaying some text on a stock image of a
completion certificate to create a new image). The final image will
then be emailed as an attachment to users.

Is this a reasonable approach? Any others that anybody can suggest?
Any samples of doing anything like this that anyone can point to?