[Zope] Manipulating images in Zope/Python

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Tue Oct 25 07:15:15 UTC 2011

Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2011, 12:20:41 schrieb Brian Sullivan:
> My current plan is to use the Python Imaging Library to create the
> image (probably by overlaying some text on a stock image of a
> completion certificate to create a new image). The final image will
> then be emailed as an attachment to users.
>
> Is this a reasonable approach? Any others that anybody can suggest?
> Any samples of doing anything like this that anyone can point to?
hmmm,
this depends from how complex your graphic is and which graphical functions do
you need. For this job your PIL should be coming with freetype.

If you "just" want to place some rendered text on your bitmap graphic PIL
should be enough (yourimg.text()).

For more complex / difficult graphic works you may take looks at alternatives
like python/gimp, PyX (pdf/ps, LaTeX), sax (pdf) or others...

cheers,

Niels.

--
---