[Zope] Upgrading from 2.10 to 2.13

Michael Shulman shulman at mathcamp.org
Fri Sep 2 16:12:39 EST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade an old 2.10 instance to 2.13, and I appear to
be having trouble with the Psycopg connection and ZSQL methods.  First
of all, it took some work to uncover that I had to download the source
code for Psycopg in order to get the ZPsycopgDA zope product
(easy_install psycopg2 didn't give it to me).  Second, it took some
more work to uncover that I had to separately install the ZSQLMethods
product.  I think it would be helpful if these facts would be
mentioned at
http://docs.zope.org/zope2/zope2book/RelationalDatabases.html
which just says "PostgreSQL: The newest and prefered DA is ZPsycopgDA
included in psycopg."

However, I've gotten past that stage, and I can create database
connections and ZSQL methods which seem to work.  However, the
existing ZSQL methods and/or database connection in my (copied over)
old Data.fs are still causing problems.  Whenever I try to view a page
which calls one of those methods, or even try to navigate in the ZMI
to the folder *containing* them, I get the error

TypeError: ('argument list must be a tuple', <class
'Shared.DC.ZRDB.DA.SQL'>, None)

The only help I've been able to find online is this brief exchange:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.general/63079
which might be helpful to me if I knew what "_p_changed = 1 or some
such" meant.  Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Mike