[Zope] Zope Digest, Vol 95, Issue 1

Yuri yurj at alfa.it
Wed Apr 4 14:25:52 UTC 2012

> Hi Yuri,
>
> does this error occur with all browsers?

Yes, unfortunately.

>   I once had a similar issue
> that was caused only by some browsers because they do not send a
> HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET header.
>
> Maybe the following bug reports helps you in solving the issue:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/160968

I can see it, but I've 2.12.XX and this should be fixed. This is the
code in http.py:

     def getPreferredCharsets(self):
         '''See interface IUserPreferredCharsets'''
         charsets = []
         sawstar = sawiso88591 = 0
         header_present = bool(self.request.get('HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET'))
         for charset in self.request.get('HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET',
             charset = charset.strip().lower()

isn't HTTP_ stripped from the request variable name?

> I'm using a workaround similar to that in the bug report in my
> environment (Zope 2.13.13 and a mixture of utf-8 and iso8859).
> Without the workaround the issue does still occur for me.

can you send me your workaround? Maybe it can help :P