[Zope] Zope Digest, Vol 95, Issue 1

Stefan Loidl Stefan.Loidl at lrz.de
Thu Apr 5 12:18:15 UTC 2012

My workaround is for unicodeconflictresolver.py.

The diff for Zope 2.13.13 is:
100,101d99
<             charsets.append('iso-8859-15')
<

But as the issue occurs with

Am 04.04.2012 16:25, schrieb Yuri:

>> Hi Yuri,
>>
>> does this error occur with all browsers?
>
> Yes, unfortunately.
>
>> I once had a similar issue
>> that was caused only by some browsers because they do not send a
>> HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET header.
>>
>> Maybe the following bug reports helps you in solving the issue:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/160968
>
> I can see it, but I've 2.12.XX and this should be fixed. This is the
> code in http.py:

I'm using Zope 2.13.13 and the issue still occurs with Safari.

> def getPreferredCharsets(self):
> '''See interface IUserPreferredCharsets'''
> charsets = []
> sawstar = sawiso88591 = 0
> header_present = bool(self.request.get('HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET'))
> for charset in self.request.get('HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET', '').split(','):
> charset = charset.strip().lower()
>
> isn't HTTP_ stripped from the request variable name?
>

>> I'm using a workaround similar to that in the bug report in my
>> environment (Zope 2.13.13 and a mixture of utf-8 and iso8859).
>> Without the workaround the issue does still occur for me.
>
> can you send me your workaround? Maybe it can help :P

My workaround is for the file unicodeconflictresolver.py.

The diff for Zope 2.13.13 (I never used Zope 2.12) is:
100,101d99
<             charsets.append('iso-8859-15')
<

But as the issue occurs for you with all browsers, I don't think that
it will help.