[Zope] "dynamic" dtml-with from string content

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Fri Feb 17 13:17:51 UTC 2012

Dear all,

has somebody an idea here?:

I try to define a property "my_class_path" (string) on a folder and want to
use that within a dtml-with statement - i.e.:

my_class_path is i.e. "folder1.folder_sub"

<dtml-with "folder1.folder_sub">

seems to work, but i cant find any easy way to  to use the content of the
string my_class_path within the with statement.

If i just have a single folder to get aquisition from, i just can use
something like:

 <dtml-with "_[my_class_path]">

but if i have deeper pathes in my_class_path the this doesnt work.

I just can do directly:

  <dtml-with "_['folder1']['folder_sub']">

but i can't just put "_['folder1']['folder_sub']" into my_class_path too -
this didn't works too...

It seems i have some tomatoes on my eyes. Can anyone push me back on the track
here?

Many thanks in advance...

best regards,

Niels.