[Zope] Problem Understanding URL

Jared Hall JHall at riverainc.com
Mon Jul 23 20:01:49 UTC 2012

Tres, I see what you mean. You're saying that the object lookup for a request follows a pattern and that the __getitem__ function has a role in that pattern. That's fine, but even if this is returning a User object there is still a problem. I think we're beyond the point where you can help me though. The problem I'm thinking of is that I know that the /Users/asmithS URL resolves to a call to index_html method of Users which in this case is just rendering the "userView". As I've said the here/Property calls are located in this user view. Could this __getitem__ load the user into the context and then still call the index_html and return the .zpt?

Thanks