[Zope3-dev] More name game suggestions

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 13:27:22 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> > Honestly, from what you've described, it sounds to me like the names are
> > backwards, because to me a Service would be something you'd want to have a
> > lot of, with relatively few Utilities (based on the names alone).  Also, if

I think the confusion here stems from

  - utility as in "public utility" - gas, water, electric

versus

  - "utility knife" - handy, heavy-duty utensil

I'm pretty sure the current zope3 usage intends the latter, while i
suspect phillip is assuming the former.

Hey - how about "utensil"!?

It's very similar to the intended use of "utility", and doesn't have any
grand categorical connotation (i've never heard of a "public utensil":-).

--
Ken
klm@zope.com