[Zope3-dev] Initial thoughts on the Zope3 security framework

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:42:15 +0100

Paul Everitt wrote:
[snip]
> Hmm, this reminds me of something from the versioning proposal.  In
> versioning, the same logical piece of content might appear in multiple
> places in the tree.  A placeless repository manages the authoritative
> version.

Why not one place being the authorative place? I mean, that's definitely
a use case as well. Imagine you have several publications online,
including one legal publication. All publications quote the legal
publications, which is the authorative one. People with permissions to
edit that place may edit it, others may only refer to it.

> With this in mind, allowing security information to apply once to a
> logical piece of content, even it's placefull in multiple places, seems
> kind of intriguing.

But not always what you want, as the previous example shows, I think

Regards,

Martijn