[Zope3-dev] Initial thoughts on the Zope3 security framework

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:49:03 +0100

Ken Manheimer wrote:
[snip]
> I think that, ideally, it's relatively rare to create new roles, while
> role-to-permission mappings are typically adjusted on a per-product basis,
> and role-to-account mappings are adjusted (using local roles) on a
> per-instance basis to assign privileges to particular users within the
> context of the instance.

While this seems to make sense, it doesn't seem to include the use case
where I want to close a certain section of the site to anonymous.
Role to permission mappings there don't seem to be adjusted on a per-product
basis, right?

Regards,

Martijn