[Zope3-dev] Initial thoughts on the Zope3 security framework

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:53:59 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> > I agree.  I did say "typically" (and i did cite the tweaking of the
> > anonymous/view mapping elsewhere in the message - i guess that's the
> > archtypal example...)
>
> Yes, I saw it later, sorry.
>
> Perhaps it is really the *only* example; I can't think of any other ones!
> That may be a deficiency in my mind due to the lateness of the hour, but
> it may hint at something interesting as well. :)

There's a whole family of related uses - toggling one box or another in
the matrix, so availability of some privilege to some role is changed.  I
don't think there's anything mysterious about it.  (What's interesting is
the way that workflow hinges on toggling these permissions,
programmatically, to systematically "move" an object through the workflow
states.  The way DC workflow achieves its effect, though the imposition of
sets of permission mappings for different workflow states, really nicely
conveys application of the security system.  It's very enlightening...)

--
Ken
klm@zope.com