[Zope3-dev] Zope3 comments and questions.

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:43:07 +0000

Jim Fulton wrote:

> We can't use different protection for the extended interface and the
> interface it extends as that would lead to inconsistent assertions.
> IContactEdit includes all the methods of IContactInfo. If we say that
> IContactEdit is protected by ManageContacts, then we're saying that,
> for exampe, the email method is protected by ManageContacts, but
> we also say that email is protected by View. We can't have it both ways.

Yeah, but what do I do if I want the edit method of the IContactEdit interface
to be protected by ManageContacts while the email method should be protected by
the SendEmail permission.

This soudns like the same area that resulted in the horrible _setName hack in
Zope 2, is it?

cheers,

Chris