[Zope3-dev] PythonProgrammerTutorial: questions, comments, and feedback

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:39:36 -0200

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 01:06:55AM +0900, Joseph Wayne Norton wrote:
>    4. I really wish the CMF DCWorkflow functionality was built-in to
>    zope's security mechanism.  The whole CMF concept of
>    published,private,show,hide etc. would be much more powerful if it
>    could be applied in a manner similiar to zope's security model.
>    For example, the "acquire permission settings" button would equally
>    apply if one had a "acquire publication settings" button.  Anyway,
>    this is just an idea.

The way I understand Zope3, nothing is really "built in", right? Even
the security machinery is a set of components (service, right?). It
wouldn't be hard to provide a workflow service and rig it to behave
like you describe.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)      ---       http://www.BroDar.org/