[Zope3-dev] Initial thoughts on the Zope3 security framework

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
14 Dec 2001 17:15:40 GMT

Martijn Faassen  <faassen@vet.uu.nl> wrote:
> You don't mean catalog -style caching here though, do you? What if I want
> to ask the catalog 'give me all objecst that I have the role 'Foo' for'?
> While I wouldn't mourn if this isn't possible, others might..

I wouldn't mourn either. One could always use something like ZopeFind to
do this, albeit much less efficiently, if it's really needed.

Or you could allow cataloging for the subset of objects whose local
roles are "regular" (fixed dictionnary of local roles, like now, maybe
with additionnal group information), and for those object who need
computed local roles give the ability to say "you don't want this
catalogged" (if it could return half of the 10000 users for instance).

Florent