DataSkins and Zope3 was Re: [Zope3-dev] Groups and Roles *not* interchangeable

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:29:31 -0500

Hi Phillip!

I'm glad to hear your voice in this duscussion! I'm very interested in
seeing LoginManager, or at least LoginManager features avaiable in Z3,
if not "built in" at least "possible". In an earlier thread you
mentioned that the new Z3 component architecture would remove the need
for ZPatterns altogether. I've snooped around the Tutorial, and the
Wiki, but I'm having trouble seeing how you'd be able to do something
like DataSkins in Z3 without ZPatterns. Would you mind elaborating just
a bit on your line of thinking here? Is this where TransWarp could allow
you to "weave" whatever storage option you like? Will it be as flexible
as SkinScript attribute providers and agents?

thanks!
-steve