[Zope3-dev] Security jargon added to the glossary

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:01:23 -0500

I added "Principal", "Role", "Permission", and "Group" to the glossary at:
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Glossary

I think these definitions are consistent with he discussions here. I even included some examples. Let me know if you have questions. If you can make the definitions
clearer, have at it.

Note that I specifically said that permissions would be organized into
categories. It would be helpful if some of you came up with some
suggestions on what categories there should be. For example, how are
categories established? Are there multiple hierarchies? Can
permissions be in multiple categories within a hierarchy (I hope not)?

It would be extra nice if someone would boil down the
discussion/decision into a proposal at:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Zope3Proposals

:)