[Zope3-dev] Axe DTML Document

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:40:50 +0100

Lalo Martins wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 12:05:04AM +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> > From: "Lalo Martins" <lalo@hackandroll.org>
> >
> > > We're talking about "documents" here - meaning, any content body
> > > not complex enough to justify its own component class.
> > [...]
> > > bacause if you can't represent your data in, say,
> > > StructuredText, then it's *NOT* a Document, but a component
> > > deserving its own class.
> >
> > It's the other way aruond. A document can have *arbitrarily* complex
> > content. Thats what makes it different from other types of data. Other types
> > of data has a more or less fixed structure. Documents can be anything from
> > one-liners to multi-dimensional cross-media information.
>
> Sorry, I disagree here.
>
> I don't even think I'd like to have such a component around.

Which is why I never was suggesting any such component in the first place --
there need to be a set of interfaces that a documentish component can conform
to. *as well* as a bunch of components that can catch the 90% case for
common forms of content (such as StructuredText, plaintext, HTML).

Regards,

Martijn