[Zope3-dev] Axe DTML Document

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:34:15 -0500

On Thursday 20 December 2001 06:45 am, Lalo Martins allegedly wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 07:11:50PM -0800, Casey Duncan wrote:
> > Lets define the interface for a basic piece of
> > "content": living, DOMish, blobish or Amish. From
> > there we can derive the dumb-as-a-stump File object,
> > for all those fine "representative" "document" types.
> > And then look at how we can extend it to best embody
> > structured DOMish content.
>
> But... but... how does it differ from a "Content Component" as
> already defined by the Component Architeture?

That definition is entirely in the abstract. I'm talking about defining a
working interface for document/file content. Any object that supports storing
and accessing a blob of data would fall in. This would be the framework for
designing the Zope3 versions of File, Image and then later documentish and
DOMish things.

I don't think this interface would need to be too complex.

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org