[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Are there Graphic Designers?

Lalo Martins lalo@laranja.org
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 02:48:02 -0300

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 12:47:58AM -0500, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Stephan Richter writes:
>  > I think we can safely rely on CSS. Common, Zope 3 is a new product, and if
>  > someone needs to make it backward Browser-compatible, he can always
>  > implement a less fancy CSS-free skin.
>
> Argh!
>
> I can hear Guido tell us about his Netscape 4 now...  There are still
> a *lot* of people using that one and it's ilk.  Browsers at that level
> know just enough CSS to make it painful.  ;-(  I've spent more time
> making the Python docs work in NS4 than making them look good in more
> modern browsers, and the more advanced efforts I've made can't go in
> because the older browsers just don't come close!

Well, Zope is dynamic, so we can automagically choose a ns4 skin if needed.
But I would prefer not to worry about that in the first stages.

Anyway, fire up ns4 and go to http://plone.org - it's not bad. (The site, I
mean. Of course ns4 itself is bad.)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)      ---       http://www.BroDar.org/
Python Foundry Guide http://www.sf.net/foundry/python-foundry/