[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Are there Graphic Designers?

Matt Behrens matt@zigg.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 06:37:28 -0500

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 11:36:29PM -0600, Stephan Richter wrote:

> >One design consideration is how much to rely on CSS.  Looking under the
> >hood (ie, viewing the source) for some of these "slick" designs reveals
> >modest to sophisticated dependence on CSS.  But I think the days of
> >worrying how it's going to look on Netscape 4 should be just about
> >over.  What say??
>
> I think we can safely rely on CSS. Common, Zope 3 is a new product, and if
> someone needs to make it backward Browser-compatible, he can always
> implement a less fancy CSS-free skin.

Come on, Stephan.

Zope3 should NOT come out of the box incompatible.  You need to
look at this the _other way around_.  If someone wants to be prettier,
THEN he can implement a MORE fancy skin.