[Zope3-dev] Are there Graphic Designers?

Matt Behrens matt@zigg.com
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:59:31 -0500

> Same idea as Casey's email.  I'll summarize and say +1.

What?  You're the one advocating Flash.

I'm right with Jeff, and I'm reading that he's saying the same thing I
am.  Lean and mean, no fluff.  Minimizes load times, maximizes
compatibility.

Bottom line is that everyone has their own little pet thing they want to
put in to ZopeTop, something they've found useful, attractive, etc. in
their own work.  That's great, but the audience of ZopeTop is NOT the
same audience as a site whose goal is marketing.

If ZopeTop is rendered unusable on any browser I may happen to have
where I (site manager) am when I need to make a change, it has become
less useful to me.  Examples of being rendered unusable do not end with
unclickable links or garbled display.  They also include not being able
to gracefully deal with bandwidth constraints, or slowing me way down
because of complex code that tries to do something unnecessary twelve
different ways because it doesn't know why browser it's on.

No matter where I am, if I have a browser, I want to be able to fly
through ZopeTop to get where I have to go, do what I have to do, and
leave.  Don't slow either my bandwidth or my processor down with complex
code.  Don't make me look at things that are unnecessary for usability.