[Zope3-dev] Are there Graphic Designers?

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:29:37 -0500

From: "Paul Everitt" <paul@zope.com>

> Note that the goal of "work with whatever browser I am sitting in front
> of" is noble and valid, but thanks to the hell of NS4, it is contrary to
> the goal of modularization expressed by Jeff.
>
> Standards.  I'll leave it at that. :)
>
> --Paul

OK, I'm bowing out on this whole thread.  :-(  I completely agree with
standards.  If you make an xhtml-compliant page with no iframes and no pixel
or table tricks and no *necessary* reliance on JS or Flash then you can turn
off css on the page then NS4 can use it.  Done.

This is what I've advocated, this is what I aspire to in my own work, and
this is what I think makes the most sense for the Zope 3 UI.  Whatever.

Changing topic, anybody have an opinion on my view chains idea?  Completely
unrelated, and maybe kinda interesting?  Please check it out.

Gary