[Zope3-dev] ZopeTop (the new Zope3 replacement for ZMI)

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 12:04:31 -0500

> I'm pretty sure frames are bad.

Agreed.

> Srichter suggests we could make them an option. (Defaulting to off?)

Why bother.

> You could also have a script (ecmascript, javascript) based
> folder tree - that would be even better, if you could
> right-click on an item and select specific views.

But I find it strange that JavaScript would be OK while frames are
not.  I find JS requires more from the browser than frames (e.g. Grail
had frames, but not JS).

> In the first stages, ZopeTop just won't have a folder tree. But
> I'd like to have this discussion here and collect ideas for
> adding them later.

Instead of a folder tree, I'd be happy with breadcrumbs and a listing
of the current folder.