[Zope3-dev] Wrapping services (Jim? SteveA? Stephan?)

Gary Poster garyposter@earthlink.net
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:02:16 -0400

Why aren't we wrapping the service manager with the service manager
container, and then wrapping the placeful services with the service manager?
it would make coding placeful services *so*  much better--I'm not even sure
how to accomplish everything otherwise, unless we change a slew of
interfaces to always include an object to show context. I don't think that's
practical.

Is there a reason we don't do it this way?

If we don't do this, how are placeful services supposed to find their
parents in the various methods that do not include objects for context in
the interfaces?

Making good progress but really would like the answer to this.  I'm *happy*
to make this change...

And I guess I can try to modify the necessary interfaces and so on to pass
the necessary objects for context if this is anathema for some reason.

Thanks

Gary