[Zope3-dev] Object Status Info

Stuart Bishop zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:15:25 +1000

On Wednesday, April 10, 2002, at 12:25  PM, Stephan Richter wrote:

> - the access mode a la Unix (can be probably found after security is
> done)

group permissions would be irrelevant. 'other' access would be for an
Anonymous
user if you want to spend the time looking this up. execute permissions
would be
for folders that you have permission to cd into.

> - Owner and owner group of the object (I assume that will also come
> from the security mechanism somehow)

group would just be a constant string ('nogroup' or 'unknown'). This
Unixism doesn't
map to zope (or even some flavours of Unix...). Make sure owner is only
exposed if the authenticated user actually has rights to look this up.

> - Access, Modification and Creation time. I think that information
> should be stored in the container of the object.

You should only need modification time for FTP, although it would be
useful to have
these timestamps available for other things.

--
Stuart Bishop <zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/