[Zope3-dev] Object Status Info

Janko Hauser jh@comunit.de
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:09:38 +0200

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 22:54:14 -0400 (EDT)
"R. David Murray" <bitz@bitdance.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Andy McKay wrote:
> > Why would you store that in the container and not be a property /
> > method of the object? Do you mean to just cache it in the
> > container for improved performance?
>
> To maintain the notion of using third party objects, this data
> should presumably go into a MementoBag on the object.

I'm not sure I understand the usage of MementoBags. Currently they
come up in situations where one would use properties in Zope2. I think
they should be used, when other objects want to store information in
an object, not when the object itself creates or manages the
information, which would be the case with access time or content size.

Is this the right way to look at this?

__Janko