[Zope3-dev] RDB support

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:11:38 -0500

Hello everyone,

as I am getting done writing the server stuff, I am getting ready to
integrate RDBs into Zope 3. I have no idea whta is expected of this, but I
know I like the way Zope 2 does it. For my taste, porting the Zope 2
mechanism to Zope 3 would be perfect. That would result in the following
problems:

Are SQL Methods Content Objects or not?
Should there be a RDBService having specific implementation utilities as
plugins?
Where do all the objects live? In the Service Manager?

Let's **constructively** discuss that. I would to agree quickly on an approach!

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter