[Zope3-dev] Zope Package (Directory) Structure Reorganization

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:55:21 +0100

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> Lalo Martins writes:
>  > This is too fuzzy. In my opinion, the App package is redundant, as the name
>  > of the App is Zope. If you think there is too much stuff in Zope, come up
>  > with a better name than App for a subpackage.
>
> I think Jim's notion is that there's more to Zope than the application
> server, which is also called Zope.  Things like PageTemplates can
> actually be used outside of the app server, and should be separated
> somewhat.  The "Zope" package is for packages like that provided by
> Zope Corp, and "Zope.App" is for things specific to the application
> server.

So, are you saying that the package organisation should reflect the
dependency relationships between the packages?

It would be nice to have these documented, along with an explanation of
the package tree, in a text file in the CVS repository.

--
Steve Alexander