[Zope3-dev] Zope Package (Directory) Structure Reorganization

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:34:30 +0200

Shane Hathaway wrote:
[snip]
> >So suppose these objects in Static were really dumb objects suitable
> >only for static content, with smarter, specialized cousins residing
> >in the Content package?  Does having a Static package provide any
> >positive benefit?
>
> Having two simple, highly reusable types is good.  It makes Zope easier
> to learn and gives you something to fall back on.  It fulfills people's
> expectation to be able to upload a static site.

Agreed. Though whether these two simple, highly reusable types should be
off by themselves in a 'Static' package is still a separate question.
I'd say there are some benefits in making 'static folders' be the same
thing as 'non-static' folders are (after all we'll be adding
functionality to folders using adapters). So that leaves File all by
its lonesome in a Static package, in which case it seems to me
we could just get rid of that package and put File with the rest in
Content package.

Regards,

Martijn