[Zope3-dev] schema initial documentation

Lalo Martins lalo@laranja.org
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:38:25 -0300

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 01:26:31AM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've written up some very initial documentation on the schema Jim and I
> were playing with last week during the sprint. Here it comes, please comment!

I think you remember the old PropertyRevamp proposal (which is now being
dealt with in the form of Z3 Schemas and Formulator).

>     We can now proceed to provide a view for this schema in much the
>     same way we provide a view for any Zope 3 interface. What would
>     such a view actually look like? A view could be used just to
>     display the values of properties. Often, we'd also like to provide
>     an edit facility such as a web form. This is where Formulator
>     comes in; Formulator provides views (widgets) for each type of
>     field; say an input box for a StringField and a check box for a
>     BooleanField.

I think it is an important use case that ComponentDevelopers should be
allowed to plug in new property "types" and the corresponding Formulator
handlers.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Eu jogo RPG! (I play RPG)         http://www.eujogorpg.com.br/
Python Foundry Guide http://www.sf.net/foundry/python-foundry/